Thursday, October 28, 2010

brussels sprouts with peanut sauce

This is one of my absolutely favorite dishes! Brussels sprouts have always been my favorite vegetable, even since I was a little kid. Much of this can be attributed to my earliest brussels sprout experiences being my grandma 'Bushie' cooking them for me. They were straight out of her garden and smoothered in butter... I fell in love right there.
Theses days I can't get enough of brussels sprouts anyway they are cooked. They are super yummy roasted, or shaved and made into a slaw. Mostly, I'm a sucker for my sprouts covered in peanut sauce and served on brown rice.

This is a dish authentic to no culture but my own, and I like it that way.. haha I used my standard yummy easy peanut sauce. I cooked up the brussels sprouts, cleaned, trimmed and cut in half, then steamed in a little water, when the water evaporated, I added a little EB to the pan and fried them til a lil crispy. Then I added in my peanut sauce and stirred until nicely coated.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Peggy, my name is Anthony and I am looking for a Vegan Chef to work with me for a new start up company. I would like to share your blog and post your recipes in my newsletters etc..I have other plans for the future that I would like to discuss privately with you. So you know a little bit more about me, you can check out my facebook profile - http://www.facebook.com/amaez51 - yes I'm playing Guitar Hero! haha. I really hope to hear from you.
    -Anthony

    ReplyDelete
  2. Veggie lovin' loverOctober 30, 2010

    SMOOOOOOTHERED IN BUTTAH!!

    ReplyDelete