Friday, April 29, 2011

paella success!!! :)

I tend to get addicted to watching cooking shows, even though I'm a lil grossed out everytime, because almost always cooking shows make meat :( I really enjoy watching cooking techniques and getting ideas for flavor combinations. Every recipe can be veg-inized...so the other day I caught a cooking show where they made a paella, it looked so yummy with that yellowy rice and pretty presentation. and I decided that I would experiment and see if I could make a yummy paella :)

I looked in my How to Cook Everything Vegetarian cookbook, and a found this yummy looking and simple recipe, and I had tomatoes that needed to be used up. This came together really easy and was super tasty. I didn't have any saffron, so I skipped it, but I think it would definitely be even better with the saffron in there.

I made a lil aioli to top it off (vegenaise, chopped parsley, dried herbs and pressed garlic).

I'll be making paella again soon!

2 comments:

  1. wow, your paella looks beautiful! the aioli sounds like the perfect touch to finish it off. yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks!! i think i gotta make it again sometime soon :)

    ReplyDelete