Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tofu Salad Sandwich


Whenever I use tofu in a recipe, I almost never use the whole block. With any leftover tofu, i cut it into thick slices, put into a freezer bag and stash in the freezer.
The freezing makes the tofu all chewy and changes the texture completely.

Then I always have frozen tofu on hand for tofu salad :)

To defrost the tofu: put in a bowl, pour boiling water on tofu, let sit until completely defrosted.


For salad:
-defrosted frozen tofu
-chopped onion
-tamari sauce
-chopped nuts: i used pistachios, almonds and walnuts
-vegenaise
-salt, pepper, curry powder

All the amounts depend on how much tofu I use... I always just put a splash of tamari sauce in, a sprinkle of spices, enough nuts to make it crunchy... And LOTS OF VEGENAISE!

No comments:

Post a Comment