Sunday, September 9, 2012

Deep Dish Buffalo "Chicken" Mega Pizza

We had pizza night. I used this basic recipe --> here to make some deep dish pizza!
I had been craving it for a lil while now :)



Cooked up some Gardein Chicken cutlets, cut into little chunks and tossed with hot sauce.


Made some cashew-cheezy sauce (soaked cashews, olive oil, dill weed and water- all blended up), some sliced sweet onion and got out the Mozzerella Daiya


Sliced up some gorgeous tomatoes


I made the dough up using that recipe linked at the beginning of the post, just substituted Earth Balance for the butter. I did use all the dough for one pizza, and it was alot of crust. Maybe next time I'd use a bigger pan or 2/3 of the dough, the crust was very buttery and delicious, so alot of crust really wasn't a huge problem.


I also mixed up a "blue cheese" dressing to layer into the pizza. recipe --> here (I posted this with a 'regular' buffalo chicken pizza). I didn't use quite as much Vegenaise this time around, so it was a thick blue cheese.


Baked the dough for about 15 minutes, then took out of oven, let cool for a couple minutes.
Started layering: blue cheese dressing, buffalo chicken pieces...


..then sliced tomato and onion...


..then cashew cheezy sauce, and sprinkled Daiya over the top..

Then into the oven!!!!!



We let this sit for about 15 minutes before slicing and enjoying :)


Yum!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment