Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Taco Tuesday!

We had a super fantastic taco night last night! :) I used recipes from the Veganomicon to make baja marinated tempeh, spicy slaw and mexican millet. I didn't follow any of the recipes exactly, but I used the general idea and everything came out super yummy. Other ingredients in our awesome taco bar included some Newman's Own salsa, Guacamole (courtesy of awesome neighbor Leah), Organic Blue Corn Taco shells and Daiya Cheddar cheese (courtesy of awesome friend Kaitlin). We were all very happy with our tacos!

Oh oh oh! I also made a Cilantro-Lime Creme for the tacos, I made this up myself and I thought it was a key topping :)

ingredients:
1 box silken extra firm tofu (the cardboard box kind, not water packed)
1 Tb olive oil
juice of 1 lime
dash apple cider vinegar
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup fresh cilantro

-blend everything until really creamy, i use an immersion blender for several minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment