Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Southwestern Corn Pudding, Red Beans & Rice


This was last night's "Lost" night dinner with friends :) I made the Southwestern Corn Pudding from the Veganomicon, I've seen it on so many other vegan blogs and it sounded delicious. I thought it came out super yummy, I'll probably go a lil lighter on the cilantro next time, but overall so creamy and delicious!

I made brown rice in the rice cooker and made up a red bean recipe as I went along :) I'm definitley going to make beans like this again!

ingredients:
1 small onion-chopped
3 cloves garlic-minced
2 stalks celery- chopped
1/2 red bell pepper- chopped
3 c. red kidney beans (i had these precooked in my freezer, so i just let thaw out on the counter for the day)
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp liquid smoke
salt
liquid from the beans/water

-sauteed onion for a bit in a lil oil, then added the garlic, celery, red pepper
-add in the beans and spices, liquid smoke, etc..
-cook for an hour or so until the beans break down in a creamy saucey concoction
-top with a lil hot sauce :)

yummy corn pudding!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment