Wednesday, May 12, 2010

biryani rice w/ roasted onion and asparagus

I made some biryani rice with some leftover brown rice I had in the fridge. The first time around, I had cooked the rice with saffron and garlic in the rice cooker. To make the biryani, I simple fried the rice (4 cups) it up with a little olive oil and added biryani-rice-spice-mix (2 Tbl) that I had in the cabinet, I stirred in some frozen peas (1/2 cup) and some chopped cashews (1/4 cup). I thought it needed a little creamy sauce, so I mixed together some mango chutney (1 T), tahini (1 T) Tofutti cream cheese (3 Tb) and a splash of water. I thought it tasted kinda yogurty and yummy.. It balanced out the spicy rice nicely :)

For the veggies, I oven-roasted asparagus and an onion at 350 until they looked browned and yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment