Tuesday, September 7, 2010

corn dip RECIPE :)

This is one my most requested recipes. So, I guess I'll share ;) I believe I copied down the general idea from an old issue of Vegetarian Times, but I'm not really sure. I've changed the ingredients a bit to suite my taste anyways...

ingredients:
2 ears corn -cut off cob (you could use like 2 cups frozen, wouldn't be nearly as good though)
2 Tb vegan butter
salt/pepper
1 small red onion -diced
1 jalapeno pepper- seeded and diced
1/2 red bell pepper- diced
2-3 scallions- sliced
2 cloves garlic- crushed
1/4 Vegenaise or other vegan mayo
dash cayenne pepper
optional:
1/4-1/2 cup vegan cheese

-heat butter in skillet over med-high heat, add corn and cook for several minutes. season liberally with salt and pepper. when the corn starts to get golden, transfer to a bowl
-in the same skillet, add onion, jalapeno and red pepper, cook for several minutes until everything starts to soften. add the scallions and garlic and cook for a few more minutes.
-combine all the cooked vegetables together, season with a lil cayenne pepper, add the Vegenaise and "cheese" if you are going to use it. then transfer to oven safe bowl
-bake for 20-30 minutes, at 350, until its all hot and bothered

-i always feel weird about serving corn dip with corn chips. so i usually buy kettle cooked potato chips or flour tortilla chips. enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment