Tuesday, July 20, 2010

vegan mac with horseradish and cauliflower

I made this yummy pasta on sunday when we were feeling lazy and wanted something satisfying. I was inspired by this Rachael Ray recipe, I used my regular vegan mac cheese sauce, but added a whole bunch of prepared horseradish, and a good squirt of horseradish mustard, yummy!!! (hubby laughed at use of "good squirt"). The cauliflower was fresh from the Greenmarket.
It's amazing to me that I bought this huge plant, then once I peeled and took off the stem, only a pretty lil cauliflower was left.
This bread was an afternoon snack! It's a salt-stick, also purchased from the Greenmarket. It's an organic whole wheat and rye loaf with caraway seeds and salt all over it! I sliced it, put a lil olive oil and a lil earth balance, some garlic powder and some fresh parsley and basil inside. I warmed it up in the toaster oven for a few. It got gobbled up with a lil balsamic in about five minutes flat. yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment