Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Vegan MoFo day 2- Chef Bab makes Oat-Wheat bread



Chef Bab helped me make some bread. We made one of our favorites "Oat-Wheat" bread in the breadmachine. This is a great loaf, it comes out soft and flavorful, and its 2/3 whole grain.

Oat-Wheat Breadmachine Bread
ingredients:
1 1/2 c. warm water
2 Tb earth balance or olive oil
1 1/2 c. bread flour
1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1 1/4 c. oats
1/4 c. demerara sugar or brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 tsp breadmachine yeast

-Cook on white bread setting, makes 2 lb loaf

2 comments:

  1. How I miss the days of having a boyfriend with a bread machine. Your bread looks so tasty that I'll have to give it a try next time I have access to one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At first I thought you were describing Chef Bab as my boyfriend LOL. Breadmachines are awesome! I got mine from my MIL who hadn't used it in a long time, keep an eye out for a free one, they are $$$

      Delete