Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Vegan MOFO day 10- Lunch To-Go

Tonight's dinner was a seriously boring one, so I didn't feel like blogging about it. I was home alone without the hubby, and I never do very good cooking anything special if I don't have anyone to cook for...

After I ate my dinner, I got a flash of inspiration to get the hubby's (and my) lunch ready for tomorrow. Danny is a pretty serious tempeh fan, so I figured I'd make him a tuna-ish tempeh salad sandwich. I didn't use any sort of recipe, just kinda threw a bunch of yummy stuff together. I think the end product will make him happy at lunchtime tomorrow

tuna-ish tempeh salad
ingredients:
1 block tempeh
1/4 red onion- finely diced
sweet relish (~2-3 T)
kelp flakes- a couple shakes
kalamata olives, chopped (~2 T)
pumpkin seeds, chopped (~1 T)
salt and black pepper
vegenaise (~ 1/4 c)

-i steamed the tempeh on the stovetop for about 15 minutes, then i smashed it up with a fork.
-i combined all the ingredients in a bowl, i didn't really measure anything... then i moistened it up with vegenaise and put it on bread for a sandwich

I packed the hubby's lunch up in our cool To-Go Ware two-tier. I packed up some cut up carrots, a honeycrisp apple, a Larabar and some walnuts. I'm good to the boy :) My lunch wasn't as cute in the To-Go Ware three-tier, so I'm not gonna show it to you...


all packed up

No comments:

Post a Comment