Thursday, November 18, 2010

Vegan MOFO day 17- out to eat!

We had a satisfying dinner out to celebrate a good friend's birthday tonight. We all went to the New World Bistro Bar in Albany. We've been there a couple times now and have been quite impressed with their vegan options. Tonight, we again ordered the 'cajun blackened string beans,' these were totally awesome! Super spicy, fresh beans, with a tangy remoulade sauce.
Recipe for this is posted online ---> here :) :)
Kaitlin, the birthday girl, ordered this appetizer of 'seitan wings,' they were very yummy pieces of seitan. We didn't quite get "hot wing" from them, but yummy nonetheless. They were spicy but not in a buffalo-hot sauce way...

This was the hubby's entree served a long platter: black beans, brown rice and daily veggies. Everything on this plate was yummy! I know as I kept sneaking bites of it, I especially liked the roasted garlic, parsnips and carrots. He liked it all, as his plate was cleared off :) What a beautiful presentation too...
This was the entree I got. It was a veganized version of the Yellow Curry Shrimp over Fat Noodles. My version had orecchiette pasta and tofu instead of Shrimp or Fat Noodles... I bet there was an egg aspect. I ate the whole thing too (I ordered the small), the flavor of the sauce was great. I think I would have enjoyed a more asiany noodle with the tofu and curry, but I really can't complain too much. I appreciate the diligence of the cooking staff to substitute with a vegan pasta.

Overall, a very yummy satisfying dinner. New World Bistro Bar has a great atmosphere and very interesting menu. We definitely recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment