Monday, November 15, 2010

Vegan MOFO day 15- Sloppy Joes

Tonight's dinner is one that I wouldn't normally blog about, but it's MOFO and I am trying to blog everyday. I made sloppy joes and I'm not particularly convinced that I like what I did. I used reconstituted TVP and a bunch of other ingredients... they were definitely edible, but I wouldn't go out of my way to make them again. The hubby liked dinner and said that I'm too harsh of a critic. I think I don't love the taste of TVP, and since it is highly processed, I doubt I'll be running out to buy any more when this bag is used up.

I started with cooking up a lil onion and garlic, then I added canned tomatoes, Bragg's liquid aminos, bbq sauce, ground black pepper, chili powder, hot sauce, some spicy mustard.... and the TVP. We ate it on some bread.

If anyone has a good vegan sloppy joe recipe, please pass it along to me....

I also made coleslaw, that came out super yummy! (shredded cabbage, salt, pepper, sugar, apple cider vinegar and vegenaise, I didn't measure anything but wish I had, because this was tangy and yum yum yum!)

No comments:

Post a Comment