Sunday, November 14, 2010

Vegan MOFO day 14- Roasted Veggies, Peanut Sauce and Brown Rice


Tonight's dinner wasn't the most photogenic, but it tasted fantastic. We went to the Greenmarket this morning, and I knew I wanted to use some of the veggies I had in the fridge. I decided to roast up a butternut squash and some beets. I cut them up into like cubes, tossed with a lil olive oil, sprinkle of salt, and generous fresh ground black pepper. These roasted at 400F, for about an hour.

While the veggies were in the oven, I tried to figure out the rest of the meal. I threw some brown rice in the rice cooker, and decided to make some sort of sauce to go over this all. I decided to make some spicy peanut sauce :) I really like peanut sauce, I wasn't convinced that this would all taste good together, but in the end I was quite impressed with how the sweetness of the squash and beets played off the spiciness of the peanut sauce.

We eat peanut sauce fairly often, as it comes together so quickly, and requires no cooking. I used my standard peanut sauce recipe, that I posted here ---> on vegweb.com, I smashed up, then stirred in, half a baked sweet potato that was hanging out in the fridge from the other night. In the sauce, I skipped the thai curry paste and didn't use much brown sugar, as the sweet potato was so sweet.

Not the prettiest dinner, but the flavors were great, and it was filling and nutritious!

No comments:

Post a Comment